Do you want to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer without a USB? So, you read the right article.
Use old-fashioned cables to transfer data from your iPhone to your computer. Anyway, it’s time to update this. Moving files has always been difficult. The Phone and computer need the cable to be stable. Apple is very strict about only using their Lightning cables and adapters, so if you lose or break your cable, you’ll be in a bad situation.
Files can be transferred wirelessly from an iPhone to a PC surprisingly easily. Several third-party programs can make wireless file transfer easier. Most people prefer wireless transmission because it does not require cables or portable storage devices.
Don’t worry too much about needing a USB cable to move photos from your iPhone to your computer. I’ll explain the process in detail in this article.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Without USB
Here are three methods to help you transfer photos from iPhone to PC without USB. You can read first and choose one method to follow according to your situation.
Using iCloud, Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Without USB.
We can use iCloud to upload files to the cloud and then view those files from any device. This capability allows us to move images from the iPhone to the PC: first, upload images to iCloud on your iPhone, then download them to your PC from iCloud.
Upload Photos to iCloud on iPhone
- open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Select iCloud. Select Photos.
- Activate iCloud Photos and wait for the transfer to complete.
Download Photos from iCloud on a PC
- Go to iCloud.com on your browser.
- To access your account, type in your Apple ID and passcode.
- Select Pictures
- To download photographs to your PC, choose the images you want and click the Download option.
Using Google Photos – Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Without USB
Transferring photos from an iPhone to a PC may also be done using other cloud storage services, such as Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
Upload Photos to Google Photos on iPhone
- Google Photos may be downloaded via the App Store.
- Launch Google Photos and provide it access to your pictures.
- Activate the Backup & Sync option in Settings to upload all of your images to the cloud.
You may use Safari to upload certain pictures.
- Please visit photos.google.com.
- Register with your account.
- Pick the Upload button.
- Select Phone, then choose the images you wish to upload.
Download Photos from Google Photos on PC
- Activate your browser and go to photos.google.com.
- Using your account, sign in.
- Identify the necessary images.
- Activate the button in the top right corner.
- To make it, click Download.
Using Airdrop-like Apps – Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Without USB
Only Apple products support Airdrop. In other words, Windows machines are incompatible with Airdrop. It does not, however, exclude the ability to Airdrop photographs from an iPhone to a PC. Several programs work similarly to Airdrop and facilitate data transmission between iPhone and PC.
The most advocated ones are sharing it, Xander, and Snap Drop. Visit this tutorial on Airdrop for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 to learn more. We’ll use Snap Drop as an example to demonstrate how to transfer photos from your iPhone to your PC without a USB cable.
- When you tap the symbol on the iPhone screen, three options will appear: Photo Library, Take Photo or Video and Choose Files.
- To choose which photographs to transfer, click Photo Library.
- To store your images on the computer, click the Download option.
File Transfer from iPhone to PC Using Mobile Trans
A quick and safe method for moving files from an iPhone to a PC via USB is Mobile Trans from Wonder Share. On your PC, you may download it through Wonder Share’s official website.
You may use it by connecting your iPhone to a computer; no software has to be downloaded.
With only one click, files may be transferred using Mobile Trans, which protects user privacy and keeps the contents safe throughout transmission.
It is a one-stop shop for transferring files and messages from a phone to a computer, a computer to a phone, or a phone to another.
Additionally, it may be used to back up phone data and restore it when necessary. It can even move social media talks from your Phone to your computer.
It is compatible with mobile devices like iOS and Android and desktop computers like Windows and Mac. It allows over 18 different forms of privacy-protected data transfers between phones.
Let’s check out how to use Mobile Trans to transfer files from an iPhone to a PC now:
- On your PC, download and install the Mobile Trans program. Launch it, then choose “File Transfer” from the menu on the main screen. Wait for the program to be automatically identified after connecting your iPhone to the computer using a USB cord.
- Now choose “Export to Computer” from the menu on the screen. The list of files that may be moved from your iPhone to your PC will be shown, including images, movies, app data, messages, and more. The files you wish to download to your computer should be chosen.
- Click “Export” to begin the transfer after choosing your files. Wait a little while till the transfer is finished. While the procedure is running, DO NOT disconnect the Phone or close the program since this might destroy your data.
How Do I Use Scan Transfer to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Without USB Cable?
You may also use Scan Transfer to transfer data from an iPhone to a computer without a USB connection; follow the five techniques listed below, one at a time.
- The Same Network Should Be Used to Connect Both Devices
- Run the software on your computer.
- Using a mobile device, read the QR code.
- Choose which videos to transfer.
The Same Network Should Be Used to Connect Both Devices
Ensure your Phone and PC are linked to the same LAN or Wi-Fi network. If you don’t have one, turn on the hotspot feature on your iPhone and connect the computer to this network. The way it works won’t change.
Run the software on your computer.
Hurry and download Scan Transfer here if you haven’t already if you want to use the computer program. Open the software to see a QR Code after you’ve finished doing that.
Using a mobile device, read the QR code
Open the iOS Camera Twitter or QR Scanner app on your iPhone and point the camera at the QR code seen on the screen. You’ll get a handy message letting you know that a connection has been established as soon as the scan is finished
Choose which videos to transfer.
You may choose the videos you want to transmit when a connection has been created. Long-press a single video file and drag it across the screen to pick all the other films if you want to transfer videos in mass. Thanks to this clever little function, you will have time to spare. Send!
After you’ve picked out the files you want to transfer, choose “Done” from the menu that appears in the upper right. A bar will fill up as files are sent, displaying the total number of files sent.
Yeah, it was a breeze. Scan Transfer is a great tool for those who value privacy and want to avoid the common challenges of transferring files across machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does anybody know how to move pictures from an iPhone to a computer without a USB cable?
Open the Settings menu, then tap your name, choose iCloud, then tap Photos. Enable iCloud Photo Library syncing, then hang tight. Connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network first. It will sync all of your iPhone’s images to iCloud, which might take some time if you have a lot of pictures.
How can I wirelessly download files from my iPhone to my laptop?
If you have an iPhone and a computer, you may access their data wirelessly by connecting them to the same Wi-Fi network. Transfer by Air is the name of the app. Ensure your iPhone or iPad is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer once you’ve downloaded the software.
In other words, can you use Bluetooth to transfer images from an iPhone to a computer?
To send photographs through Bluetooth from your iPhone, open the Photos app, choose the images you want to send, then tap “Send.” You only need to wait a bit while the pictures are uploaded, and then you may find them in your computer’s Picture folder.
In the absence of iTunes, what steps must be taken to copy images from an iPhone to a computer running Windows 10?
Images may be transferred from an iPhone to a computer using Windows Explorer. All you need to do is connect your iPhone to the computer and launch Windows Explorer. Then, look under “Portable devices” for the name of your iPhone. To transfer pictures to your computer, access the “DCIM” folder.
My Phone’s photos won’t transfer to my PC. What gives?
Some Android devices’ defaults may be different from the ones given below. However, in this case, No Data Transfer is selected by default. While this setting is active, the computer will be unable to find your pictures to import them. Because of this, you’ll need to go ahead and choose the option that lets you send over your pictures. This is often done through File Transfer.
So, that’s how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer without a USB cable. Photos taken with an iPhone may be uploaded to the cloud and retrieved on a computer later if many images need to be transferred. Using an app like Airdrop is recommended if you need to send a modest quantity of images.
We hope you were able to locate a method of wirelessly transferring files from your iPhone to a Windows PC that best meets your requirements.